Monday, June 2, 2008

Rockin' the Mileage

I was very motivated last week with exercise. I completed 19 miles in 6 days. My average is probably more around 10. Some of it was hiking/mountain climbing, but the majority was running. I felt so strong and good all week. I even was able to exercise 3x without the kids. Now that is a treat.

The Mud Run is on Saturday, so I'll be taking it a little easier this week. Need to reserve my energy for the race! That's part of why I pushed myself so much last week. I wanted to really max my body out and build some more strength and endurance which will hopefully help my perform better.

Like I've said in previous posts, my only competition is myself! 2 years ago my time was 1hr 32min. I am aiming to cut about 15min off my time. It's a challenging 10k course with a variety of obstacles (mud pits, walls, ponds, etc). I think I can do it though.

This weeks plan:
Monday: 3.5 miles
Tuesday: walk
Wednesday: 3mile mtn. climb--not going to really push myself though
Thursday: REST, stretching
Friday: REST, stretchings
Saturday: RACE

Now I need to find my next race. I think I'm going to do the Carlsbad Half in January. But I need something else between now and then.

No comments: