Friday, February 8, 2008

The last 5 pounds

You always hear that "the last 5 pounds are the hardest." Why is that? I'm less than 5lbs from my goal now and it's sooooo slow. I feel like my eating hasn't changed much. I am on track probably 90% of the time. My exercise has dropped maybe 1 session a week due to my schedule. But I compensate for that with my eating. It's like I need to be 100% on track and exercise more to just lose even 1/2 lb a week.

And how is it that my body "knows" it's the last 5lbs? I could choose a goal 10-15lbs less--and it would still be in the healthy range for my height. But it's like my body knows what number I'm going for and has decided to slow down to turtle pace. Heck, it's like a snail on valium pace.

I am thankful though because my clothes fit and I'm pleased with my size. I've thought about losing a bit more--but then my clothes would be to big again and I just got several new things and I can't afford to replace them!

I need something to kick this metabolism into high gear.

For now, I'll just keep trucking along. Going for a long run today. Maybe that will help.

No comments: