Monday, January 21, 2008

The price you pay

So last Saturday I had some major overindulgence to sweets--my weakness anyways. I hadn't eaten a good lunch and was at a function with tons of homemade goodies. I went way overboard, and I knew it.

I've been weighing myself almost every day just to observe the flucuations, try to see how my body works etc. I went up several pounds after that incident (even though the rest of the week was pretty good and I exercised too). It took me a WHOLE WEEK to get down the weight I was the morning of the overeating. For someone losing weight--that's just ridiculous.

I really learned my lesson with that. If I was just maintaining--it wouldn't have been so bad. But I lost a whole week. It was a good lesson for me, but a costly one.

Now that I'm just a few pounds away from my goal, I'm getting a bit concerned with maintaining. I only stayed at my lowest for several months after losing the weight from baby #1. I ended up staying several pounds more than I wanted to be. I don't want to do that this time. I want to be able to wear ALL my clothes, comfortably!

So beware weight-losers...that day of binge eating costs more than you think!

No comments: