Friday, May 16, 2008

Challenge Update

I think am completing the 5th week of my workout challenge. I've kind of lost track, I just know I'm exercising a lot. This has actually been a good week--as far as exercise and diet. However--I've felt like CRAP! My muscles have been burning while I run, I've felt SO hungry--and the scale has shown few results. But I know it has to add up and I will see results at some point. (yes...I've been eating enough...)

I am seeing some positive results mentally though. Working out more regularly is becoming a priority. I feel so much better when I workout several times a week. I'm at 4x this week. I strained my back running this morning, so I probably won't workout tomorrow--but maybe take a walk.

Planks have become my ab exercise of choice. I've been going to physical therapy for my back (yes the one I strained this morning) and my PT pretty much said crunches and traditional ab work are out for the rest of my life...at least until my back pain goes away. Although planks are an "advanced" move--it's one that doesn't hurt my back. It makes me feel so strong and is helping pull everything in. There's still a lot to work on in that area--thank you babies--but all in due time.

I am still trying to get a handle on my food obsession. There are people in my life for whom food isn't a problem. I can tell. They enjoy food and they eat it, but they can walk by cake or candy or anything that might be out, without thinking twice. Me, if it's out--I feel like I must have some. Food consumes my mind a bit too much. I just want to get control of it. I want to enjoy life and enjoy food--but within reason. I don't want to keep having to diet.

I'll figure it out I guess.

Oh--
Win A Free Ergo Baby Carrier from Along for the Ride

No comments: