Friday, May 23, 2008

The good and the not so good

Why is it that it's so hard to stay consistent in eating from week to week. At least it is for me. I am trying to so hard to lose these last few pounds. I'm doing well with exercising. But can't stay consistent with eating.

Yesterday I ended up eating 500 calories more than I should have. I was just hungry. And mad at the never-changing scale. So I ate a few cupcakes, some candy and bites of ice cream. And a full-fat starbucks drink (usually I get non-fat).

Today I was doing okay...until dinner time. All the rain and cold air caught up with our household and we just wanted to bake. Enter homemade spice cake with frosting. YUM. I ate way too much. Now I feel a little sick to my stomach.

Was it really necessary to overeat the cake? Why did I need to eat extra frosting from the bowl? Wouldn't I have been satisfied with one average slice on a plate? Of course I would have. But I have FOOD ISSUES!

I go back and forth between wanting to be really restrictive on my eating--especially in order to lose the last pounds (seriously...it's less than 10 and I've lost so much already, it should not be this difficult); or lose a little slower--maybe more healthy--and eat a few more calories. I think one of my downfalls is those "few more calories." They turn into too many.

This week has ended up not so good. And the rain that's pounding the roof (um, hello san diego, it's MAY not winter!) is not boding well for the early morning hike I had planned. At least I did a 60min workout today. It's times like these I wish I had a gym membership. But I don't need the bill!!

No comments: