Sunday, June 15, 2008

I said No!!

Just wanted to share a little personal accomplishment I made today in the food area.

I have observed that I tend to eat a lot out of habit or desiring a certain taste--but I'm not actually hungry, or I know that I've eaten plenty of calories and don't need more

But it's still hard to say no and resist. Especially treats!

Today was a good day though! I knew we'd be eating a not so healthy lunch--so I restricted myself to a banana and Fiber One bar for breakfast. I didn't get a donut or coffee drink (we have an actual coffee shop) at church like I sometimes do. I did drink a Diet Coke at 10am...but the caffeine is the same as if I'd had coffee--right?

Round Table pizza and Cold Stone Ice Cream Cake for lunch (Bean's choices for Father's Day!). I kept it to 2 pieces of pizza--and blotted the grease of course. And only 1/2 slice of the cake. I did have some german chocolate cake later in the day at a friend's house.

I wasn't too hungry for dinner, so I just had 1 more piece of pizza. And although the TASTE of more ice cream cake sounded good, I legitmately wasn't hungry and in fact felt like it might make me feel sick. So I actually said NO and didn't eat anything else for the night.

Although I'm still trying to lose a few more pounds, I'm also paying close attention to how I can maintain. Today was a good lesson that I CAN do it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray! I find my self saying no more and more it feels good! And the scale is reflecting the difference =)