Monday, September 1, 2008

My New Trainer

Today by chance, I found myself a trainer. I've never had one before, so this is kind of exciting. Someone to push me a little more, make me go a little faster and keep up the fitness level. All I have to do is provide my trainer with room, board, discipline and love.

My 4.5yr old on a bike!

Today for the first time we went to the lake and brought Miss Rose's bike. She's been wanting to for so long but there are many ups and downs that would require supervision, so I had to wait until Bean could come and man the stroller. Since he was off for Labor Day, we took advantage of it.

I was completely suprised and impressed with Miss Rose's skill. It was a crazy busy day at the lake. I guess everyone was deciding to get their exercise on before they went to Labor Day BBQ's. She was a pro though at navigating around people and staying to her side. I offered a lot of instruction, but she started getting annoyed because "I know Mom."

My biggest surprise came at her speed! On the straightaways and especially the downhills, she was booking it. I was running at a faster pace behind her then I do normally. She usually needed a bit of help getting to the top of the hills and then would slow up a bit.

It was kind of like doing interval training. Pushing hard and then an easier rest period. This will definately help me stay in shape during this pregnancy.

The most impressive thing was that she rode 3.5 miles! I had expected 2-3, but she wanted to keep going. On the way back she did start to tire more easily, but overall she kept on going.

The stroller has been getting so difficult to push lately with her in it. She's basically at the weight limit for it anyways. Hopefully she'll keep enjoying the riding which will make for a great transition to having the new baby in the stroller with Gracie.

Last week I ran 4 miles twice and rollerbladed 6.5 miles. So far this week, 3.5 miles. I think I've gained another pound or two, but I'm still doing well. Especially since I recently found out I'm almost 4 weeks further along. So I definately did good on gaining less than 5lbs in my first trimester. I now wondering if I can keep it to 5-6lbs in the first 20 weeks. I kind of doubt it, but you never know.

Now that I have my new trainer, anything is possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's so cute! Glad you all had a great weekend