Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Solo Run

The girls got an invite for a sleepover at Grammie's house on Tuesday night so Bean and I had a rare night and morning at home without them. I missed them--but they have fun, so it's worth it.

The biggest treat for me was a solo run on Wednesday morning! It's been blazing, so exercise in the morning is the only option--especially since I overheat easily being pregnant anyways. Normally I can't go run on a morning I work. But I took advantage and got myself to the lake around 6:45am.

I had a glorious 4.5 mile run! And the best part was I completed it in 45:06--which is basically my pre-pregnant pace. I figured if I can run 4 miles with the jogger, I can definately finish 4.5 in a similar amount of time. I was pushing myself at the end and keeping track of every 1/2 mile, but it was so worth it!

What a treat it will be when my kids are all in school (which is now like 6 years away!) and I can drop them off and go for a solo run on days I don't work.

This has been a great exercise week for me. 3.5 miles monday, 20min of arms on Tues, 4.5 miles Wed, 20min of lower body on Thurs, and I plan to run again in the morning.

My favorite moment of my run was when I glanced to my side and happened to catch my shadow on a small hill--and it had a baby bump. If I felt like a freak running with a double jogger, imagine the looks I'm going to get as I start to show more and I'm still pushing the stroller. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Good for you!!! That is awesome... You continually inspire me. And cute about your shadow too :) Other moms will just think you are amazing when they see you jogging with 2 girls and being pregnant!