Sunday, September 21, 2008

Redeemed!

Just wanted to share I dragged myself out of bed at 6am on Saturday morning to go for a solo run and reclaim the "me" time! It was well worth it! It wiped away the rough run the day before.

I was able to do my 4 miles, at about a pace 30 seconds slower than pre-pregnancy. I will say that my back and legs were a bit more sore later that day, but it comes with the territory.

Right now, since I'm only able to run a few times a week, I really need it to be a time of physical, not emotional exertion! Honestly, my runs help me survive the craziness of life. I think I've decided we'll wait a bit on more bike rides. At least not when I'm trying to get an actual run in. That will make for a happier mama and happier girl. In the meantime I'll just huff and puff with the heavy jogger, dreaming of the day Miss Rose is in school or riding her bike and I can run just a tad faster with the new baby in it instead!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Good for you! 30 seconds slower than pre-pregnancy is amazing!